Missions Objectives“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you; and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”Acts 1:8
Based on this verse we believe we have a Biblical mandate as a church to reach the world for Christ. In order to faithfully carry out this mandate as effectively as possible we focused our missions program the following objectives:
- To train and equip our church family in the use of effective evangelism strategies.
- To encourage our church family to use those evangelism strategies to reach the world around them.
- To endeavor through prayer and teaching to actively seek out and send laborers into God’s harvest field from our own congregation (Matthew 9:37,38).
- To keep our church family informed of the work of God through global missions outreach by means of conferences and regular visits of missionaries to the various services of our church.
- To inform our church family of various needs on the mission fields of the world.
- To constantly seek the mind of Christ as to where to direct our financial support of global missions.
- To prayerfully and financially support fundamental Baptist missions and missionaries as they evangelize the lost, disciple believers, and plant churches both here at home and around the world.
- To strengthen our relationship with the various mission agencies through which we are involved in the work of global missions.
- To be used of God in helping to build and strengthen other mission ministries in surrounding Bible-believing churches.
- To keep informed of the trends in missions in order to better serve the needs of those who minister from our church on a world-wide basis.
- To consistently seek to expand our physical and financial involvement in the work of missions through evangelism and church-planting both here at home and around the world.