"GOD'S KIND OF MEN"
2 SAMUEL 10:1-19
(A FATHERS DAY SERMON)
INTRO: On Fathers Day it is common for us to HONOR THOSE FATHERS who have been faithful to the Lord and His Word. Truly it is a blessing to do so and is something that should be done MORE THAN ONCE A YEAR. Both MEN AND WOMEN are essential in the EYES OF THE LORD, and neither is MORE OR LESS IMPORTANT THAN THE OTHER. From the BIBLICAL PERSPECTIVE, the roles of both MEN AND WOMEN are ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY if society is to function properly. THEREFORE:
1) Men and Women must know their biblical and God-given roles in life.
-Genesis 2:18; 1 Timothy 5:8,14
2) Men and Women must remain as they are created by God.
3) Men and Women ONLY must marry and build families.
According to the Scripture, God has given MEN the responsibility to lead in the FAMILY, the GOVERNMENT, and the HOME in such a way so as to strengthen society and glorify Him. But WHAT KIND OF MEN DOES GOD WANT? That is going to be the essence of our study this morning from 2 Samuel 10.
Sermon preached on 6/6/21 AM by Pastor Gary Dull
"LIVING LIKE THE CHLDREN OF GOD"
2 CORINTHIANS 6:14-7:1
INTRO: What a tremendous thing it is to be called a CHILD OF GOD. And yet there are many today who:
● Do not know what it means to be a Child of God.
● Do not know how to become a Child of God.
● Do not live like a Child of God, even though they are a Child of God.
QUESTION: ARE YOU A CHILD OF GOD? IF SO, DO YOU LIVE LIKE A CHILD OF GOD?
QUESTION: WHAT IS A CHILD OF GOD?
● One who has TRUSTED JESUS CHRIST ALONE as Savior
Sermon preached on 6/6/21 AM by Pastor Gary Dull
"THE BLESSING OF FREEDOM"
A MEMORIAL DAY SERMON
INTRO: This weekend we are celebrating a very important holiday in America that we call MEMORIAL DAY. It is the time that we REMEMBER AND HONOR those who have given their lives for the FREEDOMS WE HAVE HERE IN AMERICA. From the REVOLUTIONARY WAR until TODAY at least 2,852,901 have given their lives in battle for the FREEDOMS WE HOLD DEAR IN AMERICA. In reality, NOT ONE DAY SHOULD PASS BY WITHOUT US THANKING GOD FOR THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR OUR FREEDOMS IN AMERICA. Unfortunately, this very day, we face losing our freedoms MORE THAN ANY OTHER TIME IN HISTORY.
Sermon preached on 5/30/21 AM by Pastor Gary Dull
"THE GLORIOUS WORK AND WORD OF GOD"
INTRO: God desires for every person on the face of the earth to have a relationship with Him and so He has revealed Himself through HIS WORK OF CREATION AND HIS WONDERFUL WORD. Psalm 19 is one passage of scripture where BOTH GOD'S WORK AND WORD come together to show HIS GLORY. Let's take a closer look at this tremendous Psalm.
Sermon preached on 5/23/21 AM by Pastor Gary Dull
"THE WOMAN WHO WORE THE SPIRITUAL BADGE OF HONOR"
INTRO: Down through the years God has blessed the CHURCH with many ladies who served Him greatly. In fact, it could be said that apart from the ladies, the church could not function and may have failed! Just look at what the ladies do around FBC! THE REALITY IS: WOMEN OF TRUE FAITH HAVE ALWAYS BEEN USED BY GOD TO COMPLETE HIS PLANS AND PURPOSES.
Sermon preached on 5/9/21 AM by Pastor Gary Dull
"PRACTICING THE BIBLICAL WORLD VIEW"
2 TIMOTHY 2:15-19
INTRO: GOD DESIRES AND EXPECTS EVERY CHRISTIAN TO UNDERSTAND AND LIVE ACCORDING TO THE BIBLICAL WORLD VIEW. ARE YOU A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN? IF SO, ARE YOU LIVING ACCORDING TO THE BIBLICAL WORLD VIEW?
Sermon preached on 5/2/21 AM by Pastor Gary Dull
Part #2 preached on 5/16/21 AM by Pastor Gary Dull
"THE VALUE OF THE WORD OF GOD"
TEXT: VSS. 10,11
(THE REASON FOR THE BIBLICAL WORLD VIEW)
INTRO: We often speak of the necessity of maintaining a Biblical World View, which means seeing, understanding and responding to everything in life through the eyes of the scripture. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER WAY TO PLEASE GOD! The reason for that is because ONLY THE BIBLE PRESENTS GOD'S VIEW OF THE WORLD AND THE THINGS THAT ARE IN THE WORLD.
Sermon preached on 4/25/21 AM by Pastor Gary Dull
"THE GLORY OF THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST"
MATTHEW 28:1-7; ACTS 2:22-24; I CORINTHIANS 15:1-23
INTRO: Today we are gathered together to celebrate THE RESURRECTION OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. But DOES IT REALLY MATTER VERY MUCH WHETHER OR NOT CHRIST ROSE FROM THE DEAD? The words of the APOSTLE PAUL in 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 leave us in no doubt as to the IMPORTANCE OF THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST!
Sermon preached on Resurrection Sunday 4/4/21 AM by Pastor Gary Dull
"THE PRESENTATION AND REJECTION OF THE KING"
SOME FACTS ABOUT THE TRIUMPHAL ENTRY
1) It is a historical event that took place on Sunday the 9th of Nisan (March/April), 30 AD as predicted by three prophecies:
● By the Prophet Isaiah in Isaiah 62:11 in 698 BC
● By the Prophet Daniel in Daniel 9:24-27 in 538 BC
● By the Prophet Zechariah in Zechariah 9:9,10 in 487 BC
2) It is one of the few incidents in Jesus' life that is recorded in ALL FOUR GOSPELS, thus showing its Extreme Significance. But it is often overlooked.
3) It occurred just five days before the Crucifixion and was Christ's Last Major Public Appearance before the Cross.
4) It began what is called The Week of Redemption that went from Sunday to Sunday and included the Crucifixion and ended with the Resurrection of Christ.
5) It was the Official Presentation of Jesus Christ to Israel as their King and Messiah. Many of the common folk recognized Who He was, but the Jewish leaders rejected Him that resulted in the Crucifixion. (Note Luke 19:39,40 and John 12:19).
6) It was a day in which Jesus was Very Decisive and Deliberate in forcing the Jewish Leaders to Crucify Him. REMEMBER - JESUS CHRIST GAVE HIS LIFE FOR OUR SINS....NO ONE TOOK HIS LIFE FROM HIM!
7) It was a part of God's Overall Sovereign Plan from Eternity Past to Present Christ as the King of Israel. But Christ needed to be rejected so that He could go to the Cross and die for the sins of the world five days later. (Hebrews 2:17 and 1 Peter 1:10-12.) If there would have been no CROSS there would have been no KINGDOM.
8) It was a day when Jesus KNEW that NOT THE KINGDOM, BUT THE CROSS was in His Immediate Future.
9) It was a time when Jesus was not a VICTIM, but when He was Totally In Charge of the Response of the People and the Rejection of the Leaders.
10) It was a day when there were up to 3 MILLION PEOPLE in Jerusalem to partake of the PASSOVER.
Sermon preached on 3/28/21 AM by Pastor Gary Dull
"WHAT KIND OF A CHRISTIAN ARE YOU?"
INTRO: In the first church I served, there was a plaque on the wall in the foyer that said: "IF YOU WERE TRIED IN A COURT OF LAW FOR BEING A CHRISTIAN, WOULD THERE BE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO CONVICT YOU?" That is a VERY GOOD QUESTION. So, I ask it to you on a PERSONAL BASIS TODAY. I thank the Lord that there are many folks who claim to be Christians who would have a VERY POSITIVE ANSWER to the question. On the other hand, there are many folks who claim to be Christians who would NOT HAVE A POSITIVE ANSWER. TRUE BIBLE BELIEVING CHRISTIANS HAVE A LOT OF PROOF OF THEIR SALVATION THAT IS CLEARLY SEEN BY OTHERS. But, to be honest, and in fact it is sad to say, that there are many "SO CALLED CHRISTIANS" who have LITTLE TO NO proof that they are TRULY BORN AGAIN. WHAT ABOUT YOU?
Sermon preached on 3/14/21 AM by Pastor Gary Dull